cover pic

cover pic

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Spring Wardrobe Staples


Although I would love to wear a Lilly dress most days, that is just not practical on a preppy mountain farm.  Besides, here in the northeastern mountains, it is still quite cool much of the day.  The outfit shown above works well for me most typical spring days.  Its versatility lends itself to driving children to and from school, blogging, light farm work, cooking, shopping, petting goats and lambs, and holding cats.  It consists of plenty of button down oxford cloth shirts, jeans or chinos, a leather tortoise shell belt, ballet flats, and a string of pearls, of course.  If I have to go out in the pasture, I ditch the ballet flats and put on a pair of Muck boots.  They're not very preppy, I know, but they are a must on even the smallest farm.

Above: Land's End shirt (decades old), St. John's Bay jeans from JC Penney, Mossimo ballet flats from Target, leather belt with tortoiseshell buckle from Talbots, and pearls from my husband on our wedding day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment.